As a brand that sponsors all three national teams – Bafana Bafana, Springboks and Proteas, we wanted to bring the fans together in a unique way, with the creation of a bespoke supporters’ jersey which carries the logos of all three federations.
One Nation. One Jersey. One Beer – to harness the collective spirit of our diversity.
We used Castle Lager’s sponsorship of the three national teams, together with the various rights associated with the three properties to drive brand love for Castle Lager, as well as shining a spotlight on the three national sides as they built up to three national tournaments happening in 2019.
- BMI – Bafana 22.5%, Springboks 15.4%, Proteas 20.6%
- Sold 60khl of Castle Lager – 100% more than the period preceding it
- 20% increase in brand sentiment
- Promotional combo sales brought in an additional R30mil in revenue
- R96m total PR value with R10m acquired within two days of launch
- 2% growth in familiarity & usage in Castle Lager over campaign period (5.1% up vs 2018)
- 4% positive shift in sentiment (brand representing national pride) vs 2018
- 6% growth in sentiment of brand cares for the community
- 2% shift in top of mind awareness