To entrench Engen as the No 1 petroleum brand in the hearts and minds of South Africans. (As measured by Sunday Times Top Brands Survey), and increase Engen brand awareness by strengthening the association between Engen and youth soccer development and extending the reach of the program.
A truly integrated approach to showcasing development football, giving these future stars a taste of professional football.
Our program included 5 regional tournaments, culminating with the Engen Champ of Champs hosted at the prestigious High Performance Centre in Pretoria.
New elements including live streaming of matches, lifestyle integration and innovative media partnerships delivered seamlessly ensured that our Engen Youth Football Programme walked away with the much-coveted Best Development Programme at the 2018 Sports Industry Awards.
- Participation achieved an 18.8% increase 1202 footballers) up from 7 250 players YOY
- Since inception (2003), 30,000 young players have participated in Engen’s Youth Development Programme
- Engen Soccer’s social media engagement lifted 93% to 17 000 and reach climbed 74% to 95 097 due to Engen’s youth development content
- Annual Media coverage value was consistently tracked at over R7mil YOY (BMI)
- BMI research ranks Engen as the No 1 brand seen to be doing the most for soccer development in South Africa; 73% of people agreeing that because of Engen’s soccer sponsorships, Engen is a responsible company that cares
- Engen’s soccer development program contributed 23% to Engen’s overall legislated CSI requirement
- Reach of over 2.4mil for the streaming of the ECOC final
- The above results contributed towards Engen again being recognized as the Number 1 petroleum brand in South Africa (Sunday Times Top Brands Survey)