The Sun Met is South Africa’s oldest horse race and Cape Town’s most anticipated social event, which takes place on the last weekend of January annually at Kenilworth Race Track.
- Create exposure and awareness of Sun International’s sponsorship of the Sun Met.
- Communicate the premium offering and entertainment experience of the Sun International brand.
- Sun International as a sponsor of the Sun Met.
- Driving exposure for Sun Met nationally.
- Educating race goers about the theme in advance
A PR Strategy was crafted to create exposure and drive awareness of the Sun Met by engaging relevant traditional and online media, while also communicating the brand’s premium offerings and synergies with the event.
Public Relations, Media Relations and Management and Influencer Management.
Some of our key accomplishments were as follows:
- Successfully leveraged media partnerships with Heart FM, Independent Media and SABC 3 (Afternoon Express and Expresso)
- Received great PR coverage across a number of pre event activations
- Successful execution of Radio Drops, Horses Spa Day, Pre-Shoots and Horse Sculpture.
- Secured a number of key features through various pitches to media.